Trang Nguyen – a petite Hanoi girl You dont stop hunting Shirt with a tanned skin has been known to readers for a long time through the book “Returning to the Wild” published 2 years ago. However, just like the work she is pursuing – quiet and strong, Trang Nguyen and her foundation WildAct continue to have practical You dont stop fishing Shirt work to protect our living environment from changes. The major impact of the COVID-19 pandemic is an example.
Trang Nguyen – a petite Hanoi girl with a tanned skin has been known to readers for a long time through the book You dont stop firt mistake Shirt “Returning to the Wild” published 2 years ago. However, just like the work she is pursuing – quiet and strong, Trang Nguyen and her foundation WildAct continue to have practical work to protect You dont stop drumming Shirt our living environment from changes. The major impact of the COVID-19 pandemic is an example.
First of all, thank Trang Nguyen for You dont stop hunting limited Shirt accepting the sharing while the work is busy. It is known that Trang is in Kenya. Can Trang tell readers about her current work in Kenya?
– This is a job related to investigating illegal wildlife trade, so Trang is sorry that Trang cannot share, at least for the moment, looking forward to understanding.
Readers will probably understand these difficulties of Trang, more or less through the book “Return to the Wild” that you wrote. In fact, your Facebook page still reports on the wild hunting and slaughtering of wildlife. So, has wildlife conservation been positive so far?
– Conservation work has many changes, but it depends on which aspect of conservation that we are talking about. For example, if you are referring to the illegal trade and You dont stop fishing new Shirt consumption of wildlife products, in reality this is still a persistent battle, but in fact, people are involved in hunting and trafficking lines. Selling and consuming wildlife products is many steps ahead of us. The conservation activities and projects to combat the traffickers’ behavior are still passive until now.
However, if we talk about ecological and habitat conservation, this field is undergoing many changes. For example, there are many protected areas, including marine and forest conservation, established and recognized in the past year. The issue of nature conservation and environmental protection is also being concerned more than ever by the community. I think those are also good changes. However, whether we have enough time for these changes to produce good results or not is another story.
This means that conservation in many areas will still have a lot of work to be done, as well as many challenges. Surely you also have your own plans in 2020 to be able to continue on the path you have taken?
– The year 2020 marks the debut of the artbook “Wild Chang” published by the Kim Dong Dynasty, with You dont stop firt mistake hot Shirt the first book titled “Wild Chang – Bear”. The second book “Wild Chang –
Elephant” is also being made by artist friend Jeet Zdung. In addition, during the summer, Trang’s third book titled “100 little things I do for the earth in 100 days” will be released to readers.
The WildAct, founded by Trang, is also busy preparing for the second year of wildlife conservation courses with Vinh University. In addition, WildAct is also planning to implement the first Conference on Nature Conservation in Vietnam for students and young conservationists. This is an activity to promote the link between young conservationists in Vietnam, encourage you to participate in more conservation activities and open up opportunities for you to get acquainted and connect with Conservation organizations are active in Vietnam.
This event must be a meaningful activity when it occurs. But to get deeper and more practical in this field, young conservationists must identify what is the biggest challenge in this area, according to Trang?
– It is the community’s indifference You dont stop drumming 2020 Shirt to nature conservation and environmental protection. Actually, up to now, although many people are more concerned about this issue, but it still just stops at “knowing” but not really “acting”. Many people still believe that
nature conservation or environmental protection is not their job. They still casually use disposable plastic, keep electric lights on overnight when not needed … One disastrous consequence that we can see of this indifference is the outbreak of the epidemic. COVID-19 is caused by trade and consumption of wildlife and saltwater encroachment in the Mekong Delta due to climate change.
Trang once wrote: “I never thought that as a female conservationist there are so many troublesome things and unpleasant things happening.” Now, does that feeling get better? And do female conservationists get more sympathy, sharing and respect in general from the profession as well as the community?
– Unfortunately not yet. Unfortunately, there are still many male colleagues when they hear about the issue of gender equality within